Follow Me on Pinterest

10.17.2011

Weekend Lunch Fun - Sticks and Outer Space


Kyler likes to eat the school lunch most of the time, so I rarely get the opportunity to pack a fun lunch for him.  Yesterday he told me that he would like a Muffin Tin Lunch since he never gets a fun lunch from me.  I had been thinking of doing a "stick" theme so I tried it out on him.


I made a rolled up sandwich for him and cut it into "sticks", he has a cheese stick some Oreo sticks, a few grapes on Halloween "sticks" and some carrot sticks with ranch to dip them in.  It was easy and he liked that I took the time to make it special for him.  

When Tayden saw that I was willing to make fun lunches, he asked for a Space lunch.  I had some space theme goldfish crackers that he had been wanting to open, so I started trying to think of how to do a space sandwich.  This is what I came up with.


I cut a sandwich into triangles and arranged them to sort of look like a rocket.  I added a bit of ham and cheese for the flames.  He also has the space goldfish crackers, some moon and meteor marshmallows (I used the moon marshmallows from the Halloween ones and the meteors are chocolate marshmallows).  I needed to add some fruit so I at first thought of using green grapes as martians, but Tayden only likes red grapes so I was going to use them as meteors.  Then I saw the little animal food picks and decided to use the green ones to be aliens.


I think it turned out cute!  

Here are the links to some of the supplies I used:

8 comments:

candy's clothes closet said...

I really want to try those muffin tin meal ideas. We have some really cute sectioned plates from the $1 section at Target and have done something similar. I think it's more fun to eat a cute meal;)

Anonymous said...

This lunch is super cute! I really love your rocket.

Jessica Rodarte said...

Oh goodness! So cute!

Sandy said...

That rocket is great! Very creative!

sara d. said...

We had an outer space lunch today too...the goldfish are what inspired me!
I like your marshmallows...my boy would have liked them too! ;)

The Iowa Farmer's Wife said...

love the rocket!

In The Kitchen With AUdrey said...

Audrey would love that space rocket. We will need to make something similar to enjoy the days when she wears her space center shirt.

Candy Girl said...

What fun!