Follow Me on Pinterest

10.12.2011

Mario and Luigi Dinner


 When I saw these Super Mario Brothers Fruit Snacks, I knew I had to try making a Super Mario meal.  Dave had to work late tonight, so for dinner I made this for the kids.  

The stars are made from Chedder Cheese slices and have Chocolate Sprinkles
for eyes.   I had some mini Rice Krispy Treats that were already the right size and shape to be power up blocks.  I cut out question marks from fruit leather.

For the Mushroom I used a Babybel cheese and Edible Eyes
.


For Mario and Luigi I cut out the sandwich in a Circle.  Cut a small circle of bread for the nose.  I used the leaf cutter from my Veggie Cutters set to cut the mustaches from Fruit Leather.  The hats are fruit leather with a circle of white cheddar cheese and food marker letters.  

The kids thought it was great.  If I had more time I would have made more of the characters, but Evy was crying and needed me so I called it good enough!

Here are some links to some of the supplies used.


Linking Up to:
Home and Family Friday
For the Kids Fridays
What's For Lunch Wednesdays
Show Me What Ya Got 

2 comments:

Keeley McGuire said...

such a great idea! they turned out great! :)

wyowoman said...

this is super cool.! ~Kristin