Follow Me on Pinterest

11.01.2011

Turkey Lunch

It's the first day of November!  Time to start packing Thanksgiving lunches for the kids!  

Today Ady wanted to eat the school lunch, but Tayden decided to take his lunch.  He thought Ady's Batty lunch from yesterday was pretty awesome and wanted something fun like that.  I suggested a Turkey and he thought that would be fun.



I made a turkey and cheese quesadilla and then cut it out with a turkey cookie cutter.  I actually was able to cut out two turkeys so they are stacked together.  I used food markers to color it in a little.  The turkey is on a bed of spinach that Tayden will probably not eat, but a little of it might get stuck to the turkey ;)  {I actually was surprised this week when I made Super Green Smoothies (frozen banana and spinach) and he liked them!  Maybe he is developing a taste for spinach after all!}

I also cut out some apples to be fall leaves.  They ended up looking a little like bats, so I used food markers on those as well to make them look more distinct.

Tayden wanted to take a piece of his Halloween Candy and then I also gave him some Rainbow Goldfish crackers, which have nice fall colors.

Here is a close up of the Turkey



I included a Thanksgiving Lunchbox Note that I found on Crafts and Sutch last year.  I am working on some more lunchbox jokes of my own that I will share soon, so stay tuned!  And if you are looking for other love notes to include in your little one's lunch, check out my Pinterest board full of printable lunch box love here!



Linked up to:
Tuesday Talent Show                    Wow Me Wednesday                                  Tuesday Time Out
What's For Lunch Wednesday                         The Idea Room                  Show me What Ya Got
Anything Goes                Home and Family Friday                    TGIF Linky

8 comments:

The "Good Eater" Teacher said...

It took me a minute to realize that the leaves were apples!! What a great idea to use the skin of the apple for color. Will definitely have to give this a try.

Erin said...

That's awesome! Totally love it. Don't you just love food markers? =o)

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Very cute! Love the apple leaves!

Lisa @ Our Country Road said...

Man. My kids' lunch is so boring!! I've got to try this.

I'd love to have you share at my link party, Pinterest Tuesday, too. http://ourcountryroad.blogspot.com/2011/11/pinterest-tuesday-its-november-edition.html

Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

Cute, cute, cute turkey lunch!! What lucky kids you have!! Thanks for linking it up to TGIF Linky Party to inspire all of us! I can't wait to see what else you link up!!
Beth

SnoopyGirl said...

What a cute Turkey Lunch you made! Love it!

Georgie said...

Can't believe you made this amazing turkey lunch. If you would like to join the link party while Our Country Road is having a break please join us at TODAY AT PLAY

Anonymous said...

We would like to add your blog to the Top Food Blog list in mytaste.com . Your blog is impressively BEAUTIFUL and it deserves to be included on the Top Blog list!! Great recipes!! We will feature your blog so that people and our 3million users worldwide will see it on our site and we will make a lot of shout out about your recipes on our fanpages. If you would like to join, just visit the site or message me at info@mytaste.com.
EXPOSE YOUR BLOG!!!The World deserves to know
how great a cook you are.

*full information will be sent to your facebook&email*