Follow Me on Pinterest

10.13.2011

Lunches Lately - Pigs, Princess, Penguins and Pumpkins


I posted a picture of these Piggy Sandwiches previously, but it was in a birthday post, so I thought some people may not have seen it.  
I made these for Ady for her birthday dinner (per her request).
I cut the sandwiches into circles, cut an oval from ham for the nose.  I added a few sprinkles for nostrils, Nori for the mouths, sliced, boiled eggs for the eyes along with edible eyes.  I used some cheddar cheese for the ears.  I served them with sugar snap peas. 


Here is a Princess Lunch that I made for Ady today.  I made her sandwich into a circle for the face and then used edible eyes, a heart shaped sprinkle for the nose and cut a fruit leather smile.  I used a crown cookie cutter
and embellished it with heart sprinkles and a toy ring.  The scepter is a Pocky stick with a Fruit Leather heart.  I served it with some yogurt with a few heart sprinkles and some grapes.

Yesterday Ady went on a field trip to the Zoo.  Dave went along as a chaperone.  Ady requested a zoo animal lunch to take with her.  Everything had to be able to be thrown away when they were done, so it is not nearly as cute as it would be, but here is what we came up with.


This one is Ady's.  I used my penguin sandwich cutter again.  This time I added Fruit Leather to make it look more like a penguin.  I also included some Doritos, iced animal crackers, some mini M&Ms and apple and a Danimals crush cup. I am not sure why field trip lunch turned into junk food lunch, but there you go :)


Dave had pretty much the same thing except he got Peanut M&Ms.  I think the Penguins turned out cute!


Here is another attempt at a Halloween Lunch for Ady.  I did mostly orange things.  She has a little cup of mac and cheese with a little orange doggy food pick and a Jack O' Lantern Cupcake Pick.  To the right of that is a little cup of Cheez-its. Below that is a No Bake Chocolate Cookie (Recipe here) with some pumpkin shaped sprinkles.  Next to that is a little cup of ranch dressing for the carrots in the cup below that.  She also had a sandwich cut into a pumpkin shape.  I cut out some eyes and a mouth to make it into a Jack O' Lantern and used a food marker to color it in.  On the right is one of my Halloween Lunchbox Notes (free printable here!)


Some of the products I use to create these fun lunches:



Linking Up to:
What's For Lunch Wednesday
Home and Family Friday
Bento of the Week

1 comment:

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

While I came to see your pumpkin bento for Bento of the Week meme from BBN, I adore your piggies!!!!