Follow Me on Pinterest

12.12.2007

A Gift of Love

Yesterday Tayden came home from school with a present for me that he had made in art class.  It was supposed to be for Christmas.  He did a good job trying to keep it a secret for a while, then while we were at the restaurant eating dinner for Kyler's birthday he said something about the present he had made for me and that it was a secret.  He gave me some clues about it then spelled what it is.  It was so funny.  I said, "Oh, don't tell me.  It's a secret."  He was all surprised then smiled and said "Oops!"  Later when we got home he said he wanted to give it to me now, because it is too hard to wait.  I went ahead and opened it to spare him the waiting.  It was a cute little pot thing that he had lovingly molded and painted.  He wasnt sure what I could use it for, so I decided I could use it as a candle holder.  I love it!!
Tayden’s “Pot”

Here it is :)

My gift

This is how I decided to use it.  Isn't it cute?

As a side note, in the background is one of my other favorite decorations that I forgot to put in my blog about my favorite Christmas decorations.  Its a little painting of a Shepherd boy kneeling beside the Baby Jesus.  Dave's Mom painted it and gave it to us.  Its so sweet.  My mom loved it so much that I asked Dave's Mom if she could paint a few more (she makes lots of things like this)  She had 2 more that she had already made so I gave one to my Sister-in-Law, Beth too, because she really liked it as well.  My mother-in-law is so talented.  She has tried to teach me a bit.  Someday maybe I can have the time to do stuff like that too.

No comments: