Today was a day of so many things. First we had Church.
The Primary sang in Sacrament Meeting ( I am the Chorister for Primary). We sang For Unto Us a Child is Born. It was beautiful the kids did a fantastic job. The Bishop even cried. I was so astounded with how well the kids learned it. We are small in numbers, but they all worked hard and did a wonderful job.
After church we started doing more baking and wrapping presents. We have been so busy that we decided to only do 2 dimensional Gingerbread to save time. Usually we make houses for all of my side of the family to do on Christmas Eve. This year it will be flat ones.
Last night I made some Carmels and so I had to cut and wrap them all up this afternoon.
The recipe was so easy and they taste so yummy!
We also wrapped about 70 presents today (and we still have lots more to wrap.)
We baked 4 more batches of cookies on top of the gingerbread and we gave out about 25 baskets of goodies to friends and neighbors. It was a very busy day!! Tomorrow will be crazy. WE are going to my side of the family for the biggest gift exchange you've ever seen. It takes hours to open gifts!! I love the holidays, but right about now I am always feeling a bit overwhelmed. I always run out of time to get it all done and end up exhausted.
I hope all of you are relaxing and enjoying your holiday!! I will certainly try to :)




No comments:
Post a Comment