8.23.2007
Tayden has a girlfriend!
A few days ago Kyler came home from school and told me that Tayden has a girlfriend and her name is also Tayden. We laughed it off and Tayden denied it and I thought nothing else of it. Then yesterday Tayden came home a lot more happy than he has been and announced to me that he has a girlfriend. He said it with a huge grin on his face and we laughed. Kyler chimed in to tell me that her name isn't Tayden, after all. I asked Tayden what her name actually is and some more about her and he has it narrowed down to either Elizabeth or Jennalee. He seems to just make up names for things and people when he doesn't really know, so I plan to look deeper into who this mystery girl can be.
I do know that she gets on the bus with the boys and that she may or may not be in Tayden's class. Today Tayden was actually eager to go wait for the bus and impatiently waited for me to tell him it was okay to cross the street to get to his bus stop. As he crossed the street a cute little Elizabeth or Jennalee, or whatever her name may be, ran the length of the side walk to eagerly greet him as he crossed the street then they both ran back to the bus stop with huge grins on their faces.
While I am delighted that Tayden has made a friend and that having a friend makes him happier about school, I can't help but feel sad to see him growing up so fast and doing such school age boy things. A girlfriend! I wasn't expecting that for a few more years, or at least not so soon in this school year.
Tomorrow I think I will go to the bus stop with him and meet this girl and solve the mystery of who she and where she lives. If it means that he has a friend nearby then I am all for it. Its just hard to let go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Sounds like someone is going to be enjoying school a lot more now. Hopefully most of the concentration will be on study rather than girls :p
I hope so too. He tends to be silly to impress people. If she is in his class, I hope he isn't being silly with her all day and annoying his teacher :)
Sounds like you and Dave are going to have your hands full for the next...um 15 years! How funny though! Tell Tayden to watch those girls...they can be pretty bossy! HeeHee
Oh, if you want to follow my blog it's www.krisallen.blogspot.com
Too funny! Tyler told me that there is a girl named Hadyn (a DIFFERENT Hadyn he pointed out) who thinks he is cute and when my parents asked him if he thought she was cute he said yes, he thought she was cute too. I only know that she has hair "the color of Morgan's" but that's about it! I know what you mean about them growing up! I can already tell Tyler is learning so much because he comes home and sings all these different songs he's learned and tells us all sorts of rules and stuff they have told him. It's fun to watch though!
Post a Comment