Follow Me on Pinterest

10.30.2008

Painting Pumpkins


Since our kids are not yet able to carve their own pumpkins, we have opted to paint our pumpkins each year instead.  This way everyone gets to participate and decide what their pumpkin will look like.  In a few more years we will probably give carving a try, but for now this is working out well for us.  Everyone had a really fun time and we ended up with some very creative gourds and pumpkins.

Ady painted each of her 3 solid gray, then the next day we got the paints back out for the finishing touches and I got out more colors.  As soon as she heard the word pink she started sqealing about pink pumpkins and ended up repainting all of hers solid pink.

Tayden did a nice job painting his big pumpkin to look like a regular jack-o-lantern.  He also painted his gourd with polka dots and his small pumpkin to look like a ghost.

Kyler was very creative and turned a gourd into a penguin.  It turned out so cute.  He painted dots on his little pumpkin and his big pumpkin is a scary monster.

Dave painted a pumpkin with varying white and off white stripes and I painted stripes and dots on my pumpkin.  I also painted a small gourd to look like a ghost.


Kyler's Penguin



[slideshow id=576460752339747376&w=600&h=475]

6 comments:

Steph said...

Very fun idea. We'll have to give it a try.

North Dakota Ward's said...

I love that idea. They turned out great!

Michael Clark said...

Dave, I like your pumpkins, but why don't you carve them like a real man?! Michael

The Popcorn House said...

You must have some Thanksgiving pictures to share!!! Your loyal blog fans need a POST! COME ON......

Shannon said...

These are so cute and creative Heather! What fun.

morganfam said...

The computer crashed and it still isn't working very well, so I havent been able to upload anything. Don't worry, I have plenty of pictures just waiting to be shared!! :)