Follow Me on Pinterest

9.05.2008

Labor Day fun

I am so annoyed that I did not take the camera with us on Labor day, but I want to record our activities anyway because we had such a great time!

A friend of ours invited us to come down to her lake house for the afternoon to go out on their boat and go tubing and swimming.  Dave had to work in the morning, so we headed over there at about 3 and had the best time.  They have a double innertube shapped like a figure 8 that pulls two people, so Dave and Kyler went out on it together.  They stayed out for a long time until Tayden decided he was ready for a turn.  Ady sat in the boat with me and watched.  She enjoyed having the wind in her hair and watching the boys take their turns.  Ady, Tayden and I then went back in to let some other people have a turn on the boat.  We swam near the dock and Ady and Tayden really enjoyed just floating around with their life jackets making them extra boyant.  We had yummy hamburgars and hotdogs on the grill with lots of great sides and then we headed back out on the boat.  We took a nice slow ride around into each of tha alcove for a tour and then the boys went out on the tube again, this time together instead of with Dave.  It was so cute to see them out there with their huge grins bouncing along.  It was getting late and we were about to head in when Ady decided she wanted to give it a try.  So pulled the boys in and Dave and Ady went out  on the Tube together.  Our friend, Teresa, was nice and went very slow at first so Ady could see if she liked it, but soon Dave gave us the signal to speed things up and we drove them around a bit more before heading in.  I couldnt believe that Ady would be so brave to ride on it, but she seemed to really enjoy it.  I wish I had taken pictures!!!  It was so cute.

Thanks for inviting us Teresa!! We had the best time and it was just what I needed!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Going to the lake is one of our favorite things to do.