Follow Me on Pinterest

9.05.2009

Tomatoes!


This summer we had a garden and ended up with tons of tomatoes. In the past I have mostly either used everything fresh, chopped it up and put it in the freezer, or let it go to waste. I was intimidated at the idea of canning. I decided that this year we would give it a try.


My friend Rachael grows a huge garden every year and is a pro and canning so I asked her if I could come over and watch her can tomatoes a few times so I could get the hang of it. I tend to learn best by watching someone else do it rather than just reading about it.

She did a great job helping me feel like I could do it, so we bought a Pressure canner and all the necessary supplies and gave it a try!


Here is some of our bounty. It feels good to put away some of our own home grown goodness to use throughout the year!

Thanks for the help, Rachael!

No comments: