Yesterday was our Primary Program at church. I am the Primary Chorister, so it is a big relief to finally be finished with it. All in all things went really well. Kyler and Tayden both memorized their parts and did a great job when it was their turn to get up. The nursery came up to sing one song with the Junior Primary and held up pictures of Jesus. Ady sang along and stood their smiling the whole time. I am so proud of them.
Over the past few weeks we have been having our practices, and those were a bit crazy, but the program came together really well. We had a few kids who got up and said the wrong line, but for the most part they all did fine. On one of the songs I had two girls singing solos and one of the girls (Courtney) started crying during her solo. I felt so sorry for her. She said the part was too high, but she sounded great in practice so we thought it would be fine, but with her nerves her throat must have tightened up and made it harder so she got embarrassed. It actually looked like she got choked up. The verse she was singing was about mothers, so she easily could have been choked up by that. Most people probably thought thats what was wrong. The other girl, Briley, had a look on her face like "what should I do?" So I whispered to keep going. Briley did really well and kept singing and at the end when they were supposed to sing together Briley did it by herself. Oh well, whats the primary program without one glitch? All the songs sounded great (even that one) and we got lots of compliments. With that over now we can start learning a Christmas song and have some fun too. The songs for 2008 are more familiar than the ones we were supposed to learn this year, so I am looking forward to that. If anyone knows the song "I Am A Child of God" in any other languages, leave a comment for me. I am hoping to do a few verses in a different language in January.

1 comment:
OH they all look so great in their church clothes!!! I love the suits for the boys. I can't wait for our boys to wear suits. Glad that the program went so well!!!
Post a Comment