As many of you know, I have been very overweight for the past few (6) years. After I had Tayden I was put on a couple different medications that made me gain A LOT of weight. That coupled with having 3 kids in 4 years caused a big fat me.
Well finally I have been able to start losing big time. After I had Ady I was able to lose a few pounds right away (and I had only gained 10 during the pregnancy with her, so it was a good start) But I never can lose much weight while I am nursing, so no matter what I did I couldn't lose anymore after that. She nursed a long time, but when she finally stopped I started to see the weight steadily fall off.
Since I stopped nursing her about a year and half ago I have lost over 30 pounds, the majority of that in the last 6 months. But it wasn't until I pulled my winter clothes out last month that I really felt the results. All of my long pants and jeans were way too big and I couldn't even wear them with a belt! I was thrilled. I had a tote in the attic with some old pants that had gotten too small, but that I really didn't want to let go of. I was so excited that they fit now! When I see pictures of me recently I don't hate them as much.
Now for the best part! When I went to buy new jeans (which I had to pay full price for since its jean season) I just grabbed some that were one size smaller and bought them without trying them on. When I got home to try them on they were too big!! And not just a little too big, like really too big. I was really surprised! So I took them back and was able to buy pants 2 sizes smaller than I had previously been wearing!! Needless to say I have been wearing that pair of pants everywhere. I was also able to buy some shirts that were one size smaller. :)
So in order to keep myself motivated I decided to post my results here and keep a running total of pounds lost. Please realize this is hard for me. I never wanted to admit to anyone I used to know how fat I had gotten. I avoided showing pictures of myself to anyone or having pictures taken of me for that matter. But lately I decided that I don't want my kids to know that I don't like who I am, so I am trying to force myself to be honest and happy with who I am. I even hung pictures up in the house of me with the kids that were taken recently. I want them to know that I am not ashamed of me.
So there you have it.
So far I have lost a total of 40 pounds and 2 pants sizes (probably around 5 inches). As I lose it I will update my total on the fat tracker link on the right side of the main page. So please come back and be my cheerleader! I need all the help I can get.
8 comments:
Way to go!!! That's awesome!
You have always been beautiful, but it is great to see your smile in pictures posted on this wonderful blog. Keep it up, I know you can do it. Love ya!!
I think that's great! But here I am sending you home with peanut butter bars!!! Sorry! Just give them to your kids and Dave! :) Have you been able to exercise much and are you watching what you eat, etc, or is it just falling off you? :) That would be great if is was - hee hee! :)
Those Peanut Butter bars are too good!! I have shared them though :) Ive been a bit more active, but the diet changes are the same as what I have been doing all along. Its just finally working.
You are the best and I love you no matter what!
I am so proud of you Heather! You're so beautiful, and that picture is absolutely gorgeous. I'm going to have Mike download it hehe It's great to bring out those old winter clothes only to find you have to buy new ones. You're on your way girl, keep it up. Love ya
Congratulations on all your progress! It sounds like you're feeling good too.
That's Awesome! I need to get in the fitness mode as well. Keep it up!
Post a Comment