Ady didn't want a big party or lots of presents this year because she would rather have the extra money to save up for an IPod. I was a little relieved because I just didn't feel like I had the time or energy this year for a big show! We did have some extra special things planned though!
Ady woke up to Balloons hanging from the doors to the kitchen. Evy thought they were great!
We let her open her presents while we got started on breakfast.


She got a Tiana doll with clothes, some Littlest Pet Shop pets from Tayden, a Minnie Mouse Puzzle from Evy and the Owl City CD from Dave and Kyler.
For Breakfast she asked for pancakes shaped like doggies. We are not pancake artists but Dave gave it a try. They turned out to be a little challenging.
If you squint a little it resembles a dog! Ady was thrilled with it though :)
When Dave left to take Kyler to school I took over the pancaking and started making hearts. They were a lot more manageable than dogs!
Evy and I went into Ady's school to have lunch with her and hang out with her at recess. She loved having us there and showing Evy off to all her friends. Having a baby with you at a school full of Kindergarteners and 1st graders makes you a rock star! Everyone wanted to stop and touch Evy and tell me how cute she is. Evy did her part and squealed and laughed at everyone. I hope we weren't too disruptive! I did call ahead and tell them we were coming.
Here are some pictures of Ady with some of her friends at recess.
For Dinner Ady wanted Ham Sandwiches shaped like pigs. We had a lot going on that night and Evy was at the end of her rope, but I did manage to pull together the piggy sandwiches. I think they turned out pretty cute!
I cut the sandwiches out with a circle cutter then cut another circle of ham for the face and an oval for the noses. I added a couple sprinkles for the nostrils and boiled egg slices for the eyes along with some Icing Eyes
. I used the cheese leftovers and cut some triangles for ears and then cut out mouths from some Nori
. I served them on a rectangle platter with some sugar snap peas.
Since we had such a busy day, I did not make a cake for her. We picked out an Oreo cake from the grocery instead. I did dress it up a bit to make a face.
All in all I think she had a pretty good birthday.
The next week Ady was able to have a play date with a couple friends for her birthday. It was not an official party, but she had a cake and got to spend a few hours with some of her best friends, Alexis and Macie.
Since we had such a busy day, I did not make a cake for her. We picked out an Oreo cake from the grocery instead. I did dress it up a bit to make a face.
The next week Ady was able to have a play date with a couple friends for her birthday. It was not an official party, but she had a cake and got to spend a few hours with some of her best friends, Alexis and Macie.










1 comment:
Happy belated Birthday sweet Ady:) Thank you so much for being such a good friend to Macie.
Post a Comment