Follow Me on Pinterest

9.27.2011

Lunch Box Fun

Here are some pictures of what Ady and Tayden have been taking in their lunch boxes lately

(sorry for the poor picture quality.  My camera has been having major issues lately and things have been so blurry! 
 It is driving me crazy!)

Sunny Sandwich with Green Beans

I cut the sandwich into a circle and added carrot triangles to make the sun rays and made a face with carrots. Unfortunately this one did not hold up to well in her lunch box.  Ady said that when she opened it the carrots were all on the side.  Oh Well!

Pizza Face mini pizza

We actually made these for dinner one night.  We used pita bread and then each made our own pizzas.  Tayden and Ady wanted mini pepperonis so I made theirs to look like a face.  They thought it was funny.

Do it yourself Lunchable

Cheese cut out like flowers, mini pepperonis and crackers.  Served with strawberries, Vanilla Joe Joe's and a slice of homemade Banana Bread with butter.

Puzzle Sandwich with Strawberries

I found a fun Puzzle Sandwich cutter.  I used White Wheat bread on one side of the sandwich and whole wheat on the other then flipped a few sections over to add interest.

Ham face

This was Tayden's.  (Sorry for the blurry pic!) He wanted a Ham and Cheese sandwich.  I cut it out into a circle and then made a smile with Ham and added Ham hair.  I cut out cheese circles for the eyes and then added some Edible Eyes too.



Pizza Faces

The Pizza face was so popular I got requests to make them again.  We were out of pita bread so I just used regular bread this time.  I served it with carrot sticks and a hard boiled egg shaped like a bunny (I will post more about how to do that later)

Haystack Face
Last night we had Hawaiian Haystacks for dinner.  Ady wanted to take the leftovers in her lunch so I layered her rice, chicken and cheese and then added her peas as a smile and added Edible Eyes again.  I kept her rice noodles separate for her to add later so they would not get soggy.  She also took Strawberries and some key lime yogurt.  I put Evy's cute toddler utensils in for Ady to use.

Have a Fun Lunch!

Some of My Favorite Lunch Supplies:

7 comments:

Ai Matsuoka said...

I love the puzzel sandwich! So cute!

Heather said...

Thanks Ai! I am trying, but your lunches are so darn cute! :)

DANIELLE said...

SO CUTE! FOUND U THRU SOMETHING SWANKY BLOGHOP!

Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

These are such cute ideas! So happy to be your newest follower...thanks to Something Swanky.

Mackenzie said...

These are so cute! I absolutely love them!. Newest follower. Found you from something swanky.
-Mackenzie @ www.fridaynightdatenight.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Those lunches are absolutely adorable. My 4 year old just started pre-kindergarten and the second I saw the puzzle sandwich I had to immediately get on Amazon and order one, I love how creative those lunches are!

Found you from Something Swanky's Blog hop, I'm your newest follower.

http://pinchofthisthatandtheother.blogspot.com/

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Thanks for participating in the meme at Bento Blog Network!