Sometime about a year ago, Ady stopped letting me put anything in her hair at all. It falls in her face and she gets food in it, and yet that is less bothersome to her than having to wear a barrette or a ponytail. Once in a while, she would be inspired by some other little girl's cute hairdo(usually her friend Morgan) and get my hopes up while she let me try to put her hair up. Then my dreams of a ponytailed girl would be dashed in about 1 minute. Either she would decide it wasn't worth it at all and it would never get up into the ponytial or clip, or she would let me go as far as putting it up (which usually was difficult due to all her wiggling) and then she would look in the mirror, laugh and say how cute it is then grab the hairclip or hair band and take it out and give it back to me. So I gave up for a while.
Now suddenly school has started for the boys and she wants to be just like mommy. She wants to wear the same type and color of clothes as I am wearing and she wants the same amount and type of jewelry. She even wants her hair to be just like mine! Then when we are both dressed exactly the same she gets so excited and declares "I can't wait to show daddy! He will be so happy to see me!" :)
It is so cute and I am thrilled that I can put her hair up out of her face, even if it does mean I have to wear my hair the exact same way. I will gladly don pigtails if it will mean she will wear them. She looks so Cute and grown up with her hair up. Yesterday I gave both of us french braids. Unfortunately I was feeling ill and I didnt think to take a picture. I will be sure to next time :)
Here are some more pictures of her hair up.
2 comments:
She looked so cute today with her ponytails, just like her mommy! Glad you came to chat with the girls, even if Ady wouldn't go play with the other kids!
Mommy's hair is cute up too, just like Ady's.
Post a Comment